Forum Discussion

Dan_Wilson
New Contributor
5 years ago

Low Bandwidth

On the 150Mb plan, and from time to time the bandwidth gets knocked down to single digit Mb download speed.

Hard rebooted Modem. Went to the process of resetting modem. Same problem exists.

Frustrating that this problem keeps coming back, especially in a monopolized neighborhood where there is no ISP in this neighborhood other than Cox, in the 2nd largest city in the states.

July 28th, 2019 w/3rd party speed test site:

November 8, 2019: Cox speed test:

Again.. paying for 150Mb bandwidth, all call lines are closed from their office. Very Very fustrating

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Dan Wilson. To get assistance with this, please email us at cox.help@cox.com and include this link along with your complete address and name on the account. You can also contact us via Facebook and Twitter as well as we are available 24/7 for your convenience. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator.
    bearone2
    Contributor III

yours or cox modem??

if cox, are you using the cat6 cable from modem to pc??

Dan_Wilson
      New Contributor

Cat6 (and higher) is beneficial only on a LAN between Cat6 NIC's, but thanks!

bearone2
        Contributor III

oh really....when i hooked up the panoramic modem router i used  the old rj-45 cables & saw mid 90's mbps dl,s on both ookla/cox. swapping the cable from the pano box + another cat6 cable, i jumped to 175mbps on a 150 system.

Dan_Wilson
    New Contributor

Did more troubleshooting today. Found the problem from last night. Earlier in the week swapped in a Netgear multi-port hub for more hard-line data transfers between NAS's.

But from time to time when working late at night still having issues when bandwidth gets knocked down for several hours (i.e. the first screen shot in black, was a direct Cat5e line to modem).