Forum Discussion

ArizonaDon
New Contributor III
5 years ago

Internet slows to 5-6 mbs

Hi there.

I have a very strange issue with my Cox service.

Every morning I have to reboot my router because my service slows to 5-6 mbs.   This is for all wireless connections and all Ethernet connections.

I have gigablast and usually get 900+. I’m using a Linksys WRT3200ACM router.

I thought my router was dying so I replaced it with a WiFi 6 Netgear one.

The issue continued.

I returned the Netgear and replaced with an ASUS WiFi 6 router.

The issue continued.

So I returned it.

The reboot of the router ONLY always fixes the slow speeds.

Cox says it my router and not them.

Three different routers all have the same issue.

What could be wrong?

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Don

21 Replies

ArizonaDon
    New Contributor III
    11/01/2019 21:45 68010300 4 "DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=18:9c:27:ee:a5:c5;CMTS-MAC=00:7e:95:40:25:cc;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;"
        CrystalS
        Former Moderator
        Hello, I'm going to send a signal to your modem. If after the modem shuts down and reloads, you still have the issue. Feel free to reach out to us at Cox.help@cox.com.
    Disappointed_RI
    New Contributor II

I have the same issue.  Speeds slow to a crawl.  I have to reboot the router at least every week. I rent the Cox panoramic router.  I don't think this is a problem with your or my equipment.  The problems is cox's network.  I have only have Cox service for 2 months and so disappointed.  And cox support is no help.  They just want to keep rebooting the router.  They want me to keep troubleshooting WiFi specific issues like range but the same issue occurs with hardwired devices.  It's not a WiFi issue.  

bearone2
    Contributor III

are you rebooting your own router or the panoramic modem/router?

Disappointed_RI
      New Contributor II

I have no network gear.  I'm using the panoramic modem/router.  And yes rebooting that.

mm19
    New Contributor

I feel im experiencing somewhat of the same issue. Im finding myself rebooting my modem more and more, sometimes 2+ times a day! 

ArizonaDon
      New Contributor III

Since Crystals3 reset my modem I'm no longer having issues. Top speeds every day.

Also someone on another forum wrote this to my comment:

My service is doing exactly the same thing since the recent firmware update on my CM8200A modem. Waiting to hear back from odog to see if this is a community wide problem.

Could that be the WHOLE issue?

What firmware is everyone running?

I'm running SB8200.0200.174F.311915.NSH.RT.NA

Don

CarolLM
        Former Moderator
        Hi there, we're glad to hear everything's working great! Don't hesitate to reach out with any further concerns! -Carol