Forum Discussion

Zurq
Contributor II
5 years ago

internet speed issues (UPLOAD SPEED)

Recently I have been getting 1-5mbps upload speeds, which is causing lag in my games. I have had a Tech come out and try to fix it we talked about it and he said that it has to be something with the lines, so he scheduled a linemen to come take a look at it. This morning the linemen with his bucket truck was here and said there is no problems with my router or lines. he was pulling the speeds that I am supposed to be getting, he even tested it out through ethernet and he was pulling 180 and 10mbps. which is what I usually get. SO I do not know what to do. can anyone help me.

Here are my PC Specs if that has anything to do with it

Ryzen 5 2600 OC 4GHZ

MSI B350m Gaming PRO

ASUS RX580 Dual 4gb

8gb DDR4 2666

430W PSU

5 Replies

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Zurq, I'd be glad to offer assistance with this. In reference to the Cox Speed Test tool, third-party speed tests conducted off of the Cox network may not provide the most accurate representation of the performance of the Cox network. The results from some third-party speed tests are more reliable than others and reliability can vary depending on location. The speed test infrastructure is made up of hardware, software, and network capacity, which can be different from other Internet Service Providers.

Please make sure the device that is hard-wired to the modem has its operating system and software up-to-date with the latest versions. I would also suggest clearing your cookies/cache and performing speed tests on multiple web browsers. Can you please email us at cox.help@cox.com, Facebook, or Twitter? We may need to send out a service technician to investigate this further. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      Zurq
      Contributor II

I did all that, and i get lower with the cox tool. i dont even pull 1 mbps sometimes.

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        Zurq, I believe the best course of action is to send out a service technician. Please reach out to us so we can schedule a service appointment. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator