Forum Discussion

Bob_Norton
New Contributor
5 years ago

No new email??

An ISP that no longer offers email addresses??  That is beyond ridiculous.  The price of service keeps going up but the features are going down.  I think it is time to find another ISP/cable/phone provider.

8 Replies

• I think it's notable that they made the change rather surreptitiously- no notification (seems pretty standard with a lot of companies these days) and I only found out reading through these forums.  It's a shame that in this economic/consumer culture that the "money farm" is just that- not actually human beings who rate any sort of heads-up about changes that will affect what they're paying for.

I suppose the "right" to do this is buried in the details of service agreements people sign without reading and I'm guilty of this myself.

Bob_Norton
      New Contributor

They are no longer creating additional email addresses or email addresses for new accounts. 

bearone2
        Contributor III

true, i've been with 'em for 30 years.

AKrapt73
      New Contributor

It's more insidious than that for me: 1) I'm also a 2+ decade customer; my service was moved to Centreville, VA in 2/2016 until I returned to OC in 9/2019; 2) I officially had my service moved - to my original home address; but that meant nothing: my email has been broken ever since - send mail only works on COX webmail to addresses within cox.net domain; message sent outside of cox.net domain aren't delivered and there is no notification that this is so; send mail from all clients fail with message 554; chats with and calls to several "support" #s have been completely useless, and many "techs" are not knowledgeable and rude. The last "tech" was actually quite honest by agreeing with me that COX service and email are subpar. He even recommended that I discontinue using COX email. 3) My email plight has been so since 9/11, an interesting historical date.

I've decided to discontinue using COX email and welcome all advice on how to accomplish this with moderate impact.

bearone2
        Contributor III

i've also had a lot of time with both chat + calling in & agree, worthless. if you can't fix it yourself, don't expect much help.