Forum Discussion

Jaeger
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

General Connection Troubleshooting

This is mainly for troubleshooting purposes, as I have experienced packet loss in some VoIP programs and occasionally my internet will drop. Attached here is the signal page for my modem. To anyone who can make sense of it, does everything look okay? I'm trying to narrow down where the issues might be coming from. I am on the Cox 150mpbs down and 10mbps up package. Right click the image and then click view image to see the full size one.

• Hi Jaegerm, your modem levels look incredibly healthy right now, and I'm not seeing any packet loss or excessive timeouts. Everything appears to be within the normal specifications. Are you on a wired Ethernet connection or are you on WiFi when experiencing these issues? If you're on WiFi, can you please hard-wire a laptop or PC directly to the modem and share your speed test results with us? For optimum results, we generally recommend the Cox Internet Speed Test tool, http://bit.ly/2VsdGbX. -Kevin

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Jaegerm, your modem levels look incredibly healthy right now, and I'm not seeing any packet loss or excessive timeouts. Everything appears to be within the normal specifications. Are you on a wired Ethernet connection or are you on WiFi when experiencing these issues? If you're on WiFi, can you please hard-wire a laptop or PC directly to the modem and share your speed test results with us? For optimum results, we generally recommend the Cox Internet Speed Test tool, http://bit.ly/2VsdGbX. -Kevin
      Jaeger
      Contributor

Glad to hear everything is looking good. I am on a wired connection though. Maybe there was local maintenance or it's time to upgrade hardware. I've been using this modem and router for several years now. Thank you for the assistance!

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        You're quite welcome, and please don't hesitate to reach out to us at cox.help@cox.com, Twitter or Facebook, for assistance in the future. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator