Forum Discussion

sokal48
New Contributor
5 years ago

Signal Power issues Tech support on phone with no help

I noticed when I logged in to the modem that most of my Bonded channels are over -18 power level.  This all caught my attention due to slow and intermittent Internet.

I have COX Panoramic modem with DOCSIS 3.1 with the Ultimate Package 300 down and 30 up.  my usual is between 96 - 190 down.  

I called tech support and they guy had no idea what I was trying to tell him.  I told him the about the signal power level and he asked if the microwave was on and to restart my computer,   with the usual reset modem restart computer.  With me telling him that I'm wired and the only device on line he still insisted that my wireless connection is my issue.

I requested a tech come out and check my line for SNR and power level issues and he said that they wouldn't fix my issue that way and he sees no problems.  

I need assistance in getting ahold of a Technician that can assist in my getting things fixed.

7 Replies

• Hello Sokal48. Those signal levels are definitely not where we want them to be. Do you have any splitters or signal amps on the cable line going to the modem? -Allan Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      sokal48
      New Contributor

That was the readings with it directly connected to the tap outside my home

DustinP
        Hello Sokal48,

We'll need to help reserve a service appointment to have a technician take a look to help identify and diagnose where the issue is happening. Please contact support or email us at Cox.Help@cox.com with your first and last name, address, and include a link to this forums in the message field. We'd like to help get to the bottom of the issue.

Thank you,

Dustin
        Cox Support Forums Moderator