Forum Discussion

ckowblick
New Contributor
5 years ago

Cannot connect to Cox Account using Outlook 2016

This is an intermittent issue where I cannot connect to my cox account using the Outlook 2016 client running on my Windows 10 latptop.

The error message is "Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for xxx@cox.net. Error: Cannot connect to the server.  If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP)".

This is what I have tried:

- taken this account out of the auto send-receive action and performed it manually

- changed my Cox account password on the cox site and reset the Cox Account in my Outlook

- allowed Outlook to 'Repair' the cox account automatically, plus I also did it manually as defined above

- full reboot of the laptop

I can get my email on my iPhone so there does not seem to be any issues with my Cox account or email address.

This happens intermittently and usually lasts a few days after which is resolves itself.

This is most annoying plus I would like to understand the root cause.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hello, are you currently experiencing this issue now? If you are not having this issue, please reach out to us at cox.help@cox.com, Facebook, or Twitter so we can investigate it further. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      ckowblick
      New Contributor

Kevin, Yes I am experiencing it now so will reach out to teh email address you provided in your reply.  Thanks.