Forum Discussion

Sean_R
New Contributor
5 years ago

Gigablast not working

Hi, I currently have Cox cable and I recently switched to Gigablast. I am getting 40-250 Mbps download speed on my computer. The computer is a Lenovo Ideacentre 310S-08ASR. I bought it two weeks ago because they said my laptop can't handle the speeds I was supposed to be getting. So, I bought a new one. I checked and my ethernet adapter is a Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller and it can handle up to 1 Gbps. I am hard-wired in to my combination modem router from Cox, the "Panoramic Wi-Fi" one that Cox provides, which is a Technicolor CGM 4141 model. I am using Cat6 cable from the router to my ethernet card and there are no other hardwired connections on the network. I have had Cox out four times so far and they replaced the lines that go from their node to the street as well as from the street to my house because of "interference in the line". I got my speeds verified using Cox's own speed test which is powered by Ookla, the same people who own speedtest.net. When their techs come out, they can get a gig using their machine connected directly to my modem but I can't using the same cat6 cable. The computer also has 32 GB of ram to help speed everything up. I have updated all my network adapters and drivers. What am I missing here? I am literally going out of my mind. Any help would be a welcome relief...

1 Reply

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Sean, it's disheartening to know that you're experiencing issues with our Gigablast service, and I do see that we are sending out a service technician to investigate further. If issues persist, please feel free to email us at cox.help@cox.com We can also be reached on Facebook and Twitter as well. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator