Forum Discussion

Pepper16
New Contributor
5 years ago

Gigablast compatibility

I have been a Cox Ultimate customer for a couple of years and have had no problems with my service.  I have been using a Luxul 3150 router and it worked flawlessly.   Yesterday the technician came out and upgraded my service to Gigablast.  The problem is that the Luxul router will not work with the Alcatel Lucent ONT, yet my old Netgear router works just fine.  

I spent an hour with Luxul support, even set the router to factory default with no luck.   Cox technician coming out next week to troubleshoot.  

Thinking that if I can't get the Luxul to work with the ONT that I have Cox wire my house so I can use a DOCSIS 3.1 modem.  I know that I won't have the performance of the ONT but I need to use the Luxul as it powers AP's in my house so I don't have any dead spots.

Any idea's??

Thank you!

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Pepper16, at this time, Cox will be unable to wire a home for DOCSIS 3.1 compatibility. In other words, the residence is either wired for Fiber with Optical Network Terminals or through Coaxial cable (3.1 Gigablast). We also no longer offer the Netgear R6300 AC Dual Band router for Fiber customers either. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
    Rattler
    New Contributor

Would putting your new modem in bridge mode help? This would prevent a dual NAT that you could be having as an incompatibility. Cox may refuse to do this.