Forum Discussion

SB22
New Contributor
5 years ago

Can't Forward an email that comes from Cox to my cox.net email address on iOS

I am not able to forward an email mail that comes from Cox  to my cox.net email address.

For example:  I received a payment confirmation from Cox (to my cox.net email address).  I try to forward this to another cox.net email address or to another email address other than cox.net.  It will not send and presents the following message:

"Unable to Send Email

A copy has been placed in your Outbox.  Sending the message content to the server failed."

Strangely enough, I can create a new message and send from my cox.net email address and it goes through just fine.  Nothing has changed with the settings and this just started today.

This is on iPhone Xs running iOS12.4 with the Apple mail app.

1 Reply

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi SB22, on myemail.cox.net, are you able to send and receive emails without any issues? If so, have you changed your password on the cox website, http://bit.ly/2KOrZnd, and ensured the password matches both the incoming and outgoing settings? If not, can you please change the password? If this does not resolve the issue, I suggest removing the Cox email address from your client device entirely and re-entering the credentials, if this is an IMAP server. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator