Forum Discussion

rfcnola
New Contributor
5 years ago

Why didn't Cox notify customers in advance about discontinuation of email accounts?

If I hadn't logged in today with a "secondary" account I probably wouldn't have known until I tried to add a new email address to my account sometime in the future. I have several Cox email addresses and every few years I delete one when it's getting too much spam and create a new one to replace it.  The prospect of using Gmail or Yahoo or some other email provider doesn't appeal to me at all.

https://www.cox.com/residential/support/understanding-digital-identities-and-account-types.html

On my account home page there was an explanation that most Cox ISP users don't use Cox email addresses so I also wonder how long it will be before Cox decides to eliminate email altogether.  

Edited to add: I receive messages regularly from Cox notifying me of Gigablast or Voice Everywhere or some other new service so again wonder why Cox didn't inform customers before this significant change took effect. Right now Cox is the only high speed ISP but ATT is installing fiber in my area so that may change.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hello, we are sorry this was not properly communicated to you. Cox Internet will no longer offer customers the ability to create new Cox Email accounts. The result of this policy is to provide a greater focus on delivering exceptional internet services. Since you already have a Cox Email account, you will continue to receive Cox Email Support. We apologize for the inconveniences caused. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator