Forum Discussion

mbet
New Contributor
5 years ago

outlook will not send to cox servers

has anyone at cox yet discovered this thread ..   which has been closed of course.

cox will not admit that their smtp servers block outgoing email from outlook 2010 and 2019.

their spam filter, provide by cloudmark uses a backward DNS check which report spam erroreously.

Cox will not honor their commitment to provide email service to outlook users despite the fact that we have no choice.

we cannot choose another provider.   btw.. their webmail service is …    very user unfriendly...

more details available, jump on this thrred.

mb

12 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    lastinline
    New Contributor II

I have not been able to send / receive mail using Outlook for Office 365 for the past 2 days. 

Getting this error:

Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for (redacted).' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for (redacted). Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

I went to the site to verify that all ports, etc were correct. imap.cox.net 993 (in) and smtp.cox.net 465 (out); user name and password are correct.

What is the deal?

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @ Lastinline

Are you able to send/receive using cox webmail?

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator
    rfcnola
    New Contributor

What Outlook are you using?  Outlook.com or installed versions of Outlook 2010 and 2019 on different PCs?  Office365? 

• I have been having this same problem since Saturday August 17, 2019 only. I live in U. S. but have been visiting Montreal, Canada on vacation since then,. I receive but cannot send them through Outlook.  Error code includes the work "cloudmark" so perhaps this is my problem too.   Horrible situation for me now.

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hi Penguin Phil, does this issue only occur when you are outside of the Country? Some customers may be unable to sign in to Cox.com or use Cox Email via an email client due to a layer of security that provides real-time protection against identity theft, data breaches, and fraud. If this is occurring all of the time, are you able to successfully send and receive emails on myemail.cox.net (our Host server)? If the issues persist, please send us an email at cox.help@cox.com, so we can place a request to have the block lifted (if there indeed is a block). -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
  • Just got off the phone with Cox.  Yes they know that outlook doesn't work after the latest change.  No they will not help me get my Outlook 2007 back on line without signing up for extra service package of $3 a month.

Not happy with COX.  Looking at other options.

Becky
      Hi Pelican Point, being able to utilize an email client like Outlook for Cox Email depends on several factors. Are you trying to send and receive mail while outside of the United States? Are you trying to send and receive mail while connected to public WiFi or a non-Cox network? Do you get an error message when trying to send email through Outlook 2007? Please provide the full error message and error number.
      Authentication issues are the most common issue that prevents email clients from sending and/or receiving email. Cox no longer supports email clients using SSL security encryption version 3.0 or older. All email sent from a Cox Email address must use Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.0 security encryption or higher. Also, the operating system on your device must provide underlying support to TLS for a mail client to send and receive mail. Your Outgoing server must be set to the Cox SMTP server (smtp.cox.net). -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator