Forum Discussion

ChrisWR
New Contributor
5 years ago

Internet down

Our internet service went down on July 11.  We called and were told it was a temporary outage in our area.  We would then get updates via text that it would be fixed by a certain time.  That time would pass, then we would hear nothing.  We'd call again, get told another time and that time would come and go.  We still do not have service and I'm at my wits end.  "We are working as fast as possible to restore your service" just isn't cutting it anymore.  I want to know when my internet will come back?  After 48 hours, you know what the problem is and you know when you will fix it.  Shame on you Cox.

4 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Restoring your service may be on hold due to another issue, such as electrical power, structural damage, trunk damage, flooding, etc.  Granted your update process could use some work but give the techs a break.

Greg19
      New Contributor

Yes, I can only imagine the ** the technicians have to go through but still 48 hours down, I think Cox should have devoted more resources to getting the problem fixed. They have bandaged the problems in my area to many times, when I first moved in the service was pretty good but as time went on it got worse to say the least. They finally got the connection stable but it still has been a bad connection ever since the first problem had occurred. With the fairness mess gone I was hoping they would devote more resources to improving the overall system, but so far it does not seem to be happening as of yet, although have heard them talking about it but talk is cheap. 

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Sure, they could devote more resources but like I said, it may be an issue out of their control.