Forum Discussion

egypturnash
New Contributor
5 years ago

Can't connect to CoxWiFi on OSX

I am sitting in a cafe with my Macbook open and trying to connect to a "CoxWiFi" hotspot.

When I do this, the wi-fi icon in the menu bar turns white, telling me I've got a great connection - but I get absolutely no internet. And no popup asking for my Cox customer information.

The official support documentation gives me no help. Is there anything I can do to make the login popup come up?

I'm running OSX Mojave, 10.14.5.

2 Replies

egypturnash
    New Contributor

also fwiw the cafe in question is the Cafe Envie at 308 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70130, in case the New Orleans office feels like sending someone out here. Is the CoxWifi network coming off of their router or a neighbor's? Who knows.

MariaL
      Hi Egypturnash,

I have thoroughly reviewed the coverage map at www.CableWiFi.com and am unable to locate 308 Decatur St (Café Envie) as a CableWiFi hotspot location available to Cox Internet customers. You can check the Cox Coverage Map to see the latest CableWiFi hotspot locations available to Cox internet customers at the link provided below:

www.cox.com/.../wifi-hotspot-map.html

The coverage map also includes Cox WiFi hotspot locations. Both Cox WiFi and CableWiFi are WiFi hotspot networks available to Cox customers on eligible Internet packages. Cox WiFi is only available in select Cox service areas, whereas CableWiFi is available in cities across the nation.

Maria L.
      Cox Support Forum Moderator