Forum Discussion

Minnie_L
New Contributor
5 years ago

Intermittent problem sending cox email through gmail

Like many people, I use gmail exclusively to send and receive all of my cox emails.  It is configured correctly with the right passwords, TLS, ports, etc (I have confirmed with Cox).  Gmail dutifully grabs all of my Cox emails, etc. All of a sudden, however, while I can still RECEIVE all cox emails at gmail, SOME (not all) of my OUTGOING emails come back with the following error message.  I am out of settings to try.  If you have a fix for this, please let me know.   Cox blames it on gmail.

Message not delivered

You're sending this from a different address or alias using the 'Send mail as' feature. The settings for your 'Send mail as' account are misconfigured or out of date. Check those settings and try resending.
LEARN MORE

The response from the remote server was:

554 cxr-obgw-6002a.stratus.cloudmark.com cmsmtp 209.85.210.49 blocked. Refer to Error Codes section at https://www.cox.com/residential/support/email-error-codes.html for more information. AUP#CXBL

4 Replies

Minnie_L
    New Contributor

P.S.  I have already tried deleting the Cox account from gmail and adding it back in.

Minnie_L
    New Contributor

P.P.S. To make matters more complicated, sometimes I get the error message telling me the message was not delivered, yet I also get a reply from the recipient. 

Minnie_L
    New Contributor

P.P.P.S.  Should I be checking the "treat as an alias" box in the gmail settings for my cox email address?

Becky
      Hi Minnie, since this is a setting within Gmail, all we can do is try to point you in the right direction. Google provides the following Support page for the "Treat as an alias" setting: support.google.com/.../1710338. Perhaps other Gmail users can jump in and provide further assistance. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator