Forum Discussion

UnHappyOne2
New Contributor
5 years ago

Arris Modem Firmware Update

What a joke this firmware update is... BUT i'm not laughing!! This has completely wrecked my entire home network. All my DHCP reservations...GONE, Guest WiFi...GONE, Dynamic DNS options...GONE. All Just for the garbage Cox sells as Panoramic WiFi, but I won't even get into that. The entire purpose of Firmware updates is to fix bugs, maintain security, and enhancements. This firmware update specifically focused on only one use case and pretty much told the rest of us to *** eggs. I'll be returning all Cox equipment as a result of this so called update. I can't have updates this disastrous on my home network that cripples my ability to print, move files from station to station, access my home network while away from home, etc...

Very unhappy customer!

3 Replies

Bigair
    New Contributor II

I spent 5 &%$# hours on the phone with these idiots and they told me that my guest network disappeared because of an issue with my modem. 

Bigair
    New Contributor II

I spent 5 hours on the phone with 3 reps that told me my guest network disappeared because of an issue with my modem (panoramic) Drove to Cox store to replace. Came back and set it all up only to find out from a level 2 tech that the guest network was removed and no longer available!!!!!!!