Read the forum guidelines
After adding my email “issue” to the helpful on-going
... I’ve decided to also post my email difficulties separately - in hopes of catching the attention of a Cox tech who is able to decipher the problem and offer a fix.
This issue is related to one I originally posted about a month ago: https://forums.cox.com/forum_home/internet_forum/f/internet-forum/22880/trouble-getting-emails-sent-via-apple-mail-and-via-my-email-cox-net . After changing the port from 465 to 587 (with TLS enabled) as suggested - and now ONLY accessing my email account via myemail.cox.net, I thought my email troubles were resolved as I would no longer get the pop-up message:
! An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
BUT... I’ve since learned that a large majority of my emails (not all) do not reach their destination. They show up in my “sent” folder - but the intended recipients have repeatedly confirmed they are not received. Since switching from port 465 to 587, I’ve made it a practice to bcc my husband’s work and Earthlink.net email accounts - as a check to see if my emails are getting out. He receives the blind copies of my outgoing emails just fine - but the intended recipient doesn’t receive my email. What makes this so hard to trouble-shoot is the fact that other emails to other parties go through without issue. The only standout detail that I’ve been able to identify with two of the recipients who are not getting my emails is that both have Comcast accounts (one is in TX - one in PA). Don’t know why this should be a factor - but throwing this detail out there just in case it helps shed some light on how I can fix this.
Will also add: I spoke (by phone) with a Cox IT Support tech again this morning about the issue above - was told I should go to the web site: spamhouse.org and enter my IP address and request it be "delisted" - as that was potentially the reason why my emails were not being received by my contacts whose email addresses were through Comcast.net. Not an IT person, myself, but registering my IP address to be "delisted" through spamhouse.org doesn't seem like a step one should have to take simply to ensure a typical, day-to-day email exchange with friends.
Would welcome feedback on this particular email “sending” issue as well as the spamhouse.org suggestion by Cox. Thanks in advance.
I use an iMac - the only computer in the house - to email. I do not email via iPhone or iPad, etc - just the iMac. We are the simplest and basic of set-ups - no hubs, routers, wireless, etc.
1) I've only been able to ascertain there's a link with unreceived emails to Comcast users. However, I have sent other emails to people to which I've never received a reply. Since these folks are not my usual contacts - 'tis hard to know for sure if they never receive my messages (thus, falling in the Comcast camp of recipients) OR they got my email and simply failed to provide a courtesy reply.
2) there are no website urls in the body of my emails and I do not use a signature with emails.
3) Yes - recipients have been looooong time contacts and are in my contact list.
4) clicked on the Webmail Settings per your direction and observed two grey shaded lines (tried to insert a screen shot - but wasn't able to) under the Heading Mail Filter Rules. The first grey-shaded area reads:
The second grey-shaded area below that reads:
= Edit Disable .... Trash
Hope that's clear enough to answer your query as to whether any of my Filter Rules impact outgoing/sent email.
Thanks for following-up on my post. I'll check back in later to see where this feedback leads.
Checking in after Cox's requested 4-5 day working time to see how things are progressing on a fix.
Ok - so how's the escalation effort progressing? Was initially told to give this 4-5 days working time - and we're now @ 2 weeks. Can't Cox provide any feedback on a fix at this point?
Please provide the Ticket # associated with this "investigation." Still no answers or fix has been provided. The problem with outgoing email as described above continues - but my patience does not. While this forum string was initiated 25 days ago - it plays upon my initial report of trouble of two months ago (see my post - now locked - "Trouble getting emails sent via Apple Mail AND via my email.cox.net"). After changing the port # from 465 to 587 two months ago - the issue still hasn't resolved itself.
Still mystified as to why I've received no resolution or feedback from Cox's "Escalation" efforts to address the failure of my emails not reaching their intended recipients (yet they reach the IN box of others bcc'd on the same email). This post was initiated May 17 - and a similar but separate post on the same issue, April 5th - yet nothing in terms of help in any way. Amazingly disappointing