Forum Discussion

huskerfanx5
New Contributor
6 years ago

email down?

I have not been able to log into my webmail for the last 5 hours.  Is the service down?

8 Replies

lbrodahl
    New Contributor II

When I try to send, I get an expired or invalid certificate.  

Pam613
      Contributor II

Me too, & my email was hacked a few days ago .......not the first time either

• Still having the timeout problem.  It's nice to know that we're paying a premium to just twist in the wind when services malfunction.

KevinM2
      Former Moderator

Hello, to ensure that customer privacy information remains safe and secure, email messages sent from a Cox.net email address will require TLS v.1.0 security encryption or later. Customers using outdated email clients or mobile devices may receive a failed message when attempting to send an email. Please make sure that your devices and operating systems are up-to-date. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator

stinkfoot63
        Contributor II

Why is there no heads up to changes that cause services to no longer function?  My computer has received its latest cumulative update and the email client is also up to date.  Being a communications company it would seem reasonable that you'd deign to communicate these types of things

My email client no longer works... I get errors now when it worked fine before your unannounced "upgrade"

Now I get:

An error occurred while sending mail: The mail server sent an incorrect greeting:  eastrmimpo209.cox.net cox too many bad commands from 24.253.184.152

• I'm trying to send and the outgoing server immediately times out.