Forum Discussion

LVbrokeninterne
New Contributor II
6 years ago

Las Vegas Packet Loss

Hi,

I've had moderate to severe packet loss since last Monday.  Cox came out last Friday and said it was the lines from the street to my house.  Today a subcontractor came and replaced the line from the street to my house, as well as the line from the side of my house to my modem.  Unfortunately I have the same issues with packet loss.  The packet loss is consistent.  When I run PingPlotter for example, no matter what IP I use there is packet loss as soon as the signal gets off my network onto Cox's.  Please fix this. Thank you.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Michael_Evancoe
    New Contributor III

It's a routing issue in their servers.  The tech guys who come to your house are incapable of fixing.  I just put up a post about this, I suspect we'll need a class action lawsuit.

LVbrokeninterne
      New Contributor II

There are plenty of attorneys in town who do class action work and are hungry.  If there are enough people with this same issue, which I imagine there are several, then that is a legitimate option and I'd like to be involved.  Meantime, we should make FCC complaints?

Michael_Evancoe
        New Contributor III

I suspect this is affecting thousands of competitive players, so class action may be perfect.

Working on FCC... not sure a single person complaining will do much.  I'd assume a group effort would be needed.  Going to be hard to coordinate everyone though.