Forum Discussion

22408stone
New Contributor
6 years ago

Gigablast Upload Speed Reduced

A couple of months ago, our family upgraded to the Cox Gigablast Internet package. Over the phone, we were promised Gigabit download and upload since we live in a new neighborhood with dedicated FTTP service. The Internet speed has always been sufficient as what was promised, however today when I did a speed test, I only got ~70 Mbps upload. A few more tests averaged only about 30-70 Mbps, sometimes a bit more. Has something changed? I don't believe it is any of our equipment. 

2 Replies

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hello, slow speeds can cause unwanted headaches, and we truly apologize for that. If you don't mind me asking, what speed test tool are you using? Would you mind using speedtest.net for us, please? We would also recommend hardwiring from the back of the modem, directly to a laptop or desktop computer when running this speed test. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      22408stone
      New Contributor

I am always hardwired directly to the modem. I use speedtest.net using one of Cox's two local hosts. I even tried another local host but still had upload speed deficiencies.