Forum Discussion

Wayne_Andersen
New Contributor
6 years ago

All of my sent E-mail is being rejected as SPAM. I have chatted with tech support twice and it is still happening!

All of my sent E-mail is being rejected as SPAM.  I have talked to tech support about this twice and it is still happening.

Here is an example of the rejection message:  (the E-mail address has been xxxxx'd out)

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
      Subject: FW: Action required: stjohnsb security scan results
      Sent: 1/4/2019 11:35 AM
The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:
      'xxxxxx' on 1/4/2019 11:35 AM
            552 5.2.0 LHbV1z00v20v18Q01HbWpH This message was undeliverable. This message has been found to be a potential spam message, and has therefore been blocked. Please visit ww2.cox.com/coxagainstspam for more information.

5 Replies

wmsy
    New Contributor

I ran into this when the receiving person's email provider considered cox email as spam.  There is server software that only allows certain servers through as non-spam. A table may need to be updated to allow cox email to pass through this. 

Wayne_Andersen
      New Contributor

Hi wmsy.  Thanks for the update.  I could see this if it were one or two E-mail addresses I was having problems with, but this is all E-mail I try and send.

Becky
        Hi Wayne, it sounds like your IP address may have been flagged due to email behavior with spam-like characteristics originating from your internet connection. Blacklists help Cox reduce and identify spam and phishing emails, unsolicited advertisements, and generally unwanted email. You may want to scan all of your devices with anti-virus and anti-malware software. It is also recommended to change your home WiFi password as well as the password to your Cox.net email address. I've submitted a request for our email administrators to unblock your IP address. We'll follow up with you once the ticket has been resolved. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator