Forum Discussion

Boneless3vil
New Contributor
6 years ago

Outlook 365 won't connect IMAP/POP

I spent time with the cox.net support representative and they couldn't solve this issue.  I also spent time talking to Microsoft today (to solve an unrelated issue) and they helped me out with this one as well, but to no avail.  No matter what I did, Outlook 365 will not connect to cox.net.

Procedures tried:

recommended cox.net settings for both IMAP and POP email.  both don't work

Variations on all settings (SPA, ports, etc.), made no difference

using a brand-new Outlook profile.  No change

using other email programs.  In my case, I used Thunderbird to access the IMAP server with no problems, sending or receiving email. 

verified password and connection to cox webmail.  Check!

I'm honestly not sure at this point how to solve my problem.  Am I just stuck with another email program?  Lame.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Boneless3vil. If you have tried everything including speaking with Microsoft, then I am sorry to say, that your issue is unresolvable. I know this isn't the answer you were expecting. This is going to be one of those issues that we are all at a loss as to what could be causing the issue. Especially if it works in other programs like Thunderbird. You can also use Cox webmail, myemail.cox.net to check your email. I am sorry we can't be more help. - Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator