Forum Discussion

tdwieneke
New Contributor
6 years ago

Billed for wiring

Signed up and was never told that I would be responsible for any wiring charges in the house. Ended up with $400 charge on bill. Contacted Cox via chat a couple times and although they said they would remove the charges, they never did. 

3 Replies

• Hi Tdwieneke. Please contact us via cox.help@cox.com and include your complete address, name on the account and this link and we will be glad to investigate this. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator
    davephx
    New Contributor II

A service call if it's not cox's fault is usually $75 at least in Phoenix and I believe its standard all over. I have a complicated system with two TIVO mini's, VOIP phone (not cox) security cameras etc and once they had to rewire all the way from my box to my home office opposite end of the house via the roof.  Since the signal levels were bad coming into the modem they didn't charge me. They also once had to restring from pole to the house which they didn't charge me for.  I've been with them 25+ years and 90% very happy other than having to be transferred many times and tech rep can't stay on line when sales dept has to change something.