Forum Discussion

TTG
New Contributor
6 years ago

Cannot load Twitch.tv livestreams on Cox network.

Cannot load Twitch.tv livestreams while connected via Cox network. 

It is not a problem with my browser, my PC or my home network.

All other Cox users (at least in my area) are experiencing the same problem.

Twitch.tv works fine on other networks such as AT&T mobile.

This has been happening since Tuesday 10/16. It worked again for a while yesterday but the issue is back today.

9 Replies

• Hi TTG. To get assistance with this, please contact us via cox.help@cox.com and we will be glad to assist with this. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator
      LisaH
      Hi Morgan1982. We aren't finding any issues with your connection. How are things now? We may need to further troubleshoot via email. You can contact us using cox.help@cox.com. Please include your complete address and name on the account. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator
        Morgan1982
        Contributor II

Lisa, why is your response always to respond back via email? Literally every post I see you comment on is that exact response you gave. The issues people are experiencing should be open discussion on this forum. Aren't finding issues with my connections? 😂 i have constant service interruption and also experience high packet loss. I have to reset my technicolor cgm4140 up to 3 times a day once my connection drops, and it is a hardwired connection not wifi that drops. One of you service techs, who is awesome, is the only person working to find a real solution. He had his supervisor look at my network and there is issue with noise on the line and will now be sending a net ops tech to take a look. So who is we? How is it the other people see an issue and are now sending out a tech but on your end everything looks fine? I will not be responding via email, these forums are here for the cox consumers to have open discussions and refernce to any similar issues they may be experiencing.

flitzanu
    New Contributor II

and i'm back to having this same problem after it being "fixed" like 2 months ago.  sigh.

Becky
      Hi Flitzanu, what happens when you try to connect to a Twitch.tv live stream? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
        flitzanu
        New Contributor II

mine is an issue with upload.  i'm back to getting severe frame drops when trying to stream on twitch.tv, and my upload speed with ultimate which is normally "up to 30" is unstable and running about 7mbps.  everything has been fine for a couple months since the last tech visit, and now suddenly it's terrible again, with no change in equipment or configuration.  this became a problem on friday, Oct 19.