Forum Discussion

No_No_NO
New Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Email won't load

I get this message when trying to get into email ( yes i reset the modum- and I can get to everything on the internet except my mail

This site can’t be reached

The connection was reset.

Try:

• Checking the connection
  • Checking the proxy and the firewall
  • Running Windows Network Diagnostics
ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
  • This has been an issue in the past. Below is what Cox support recommends:

We have identified an issue affecting customers using webmail.west.cox.net or idm.west.cox.net to access their Cox Webmail. As a workaround, clear your browser cache and browsing history, and then set up a new bookmark for webmail.cox.net. This will prevent the problem from reoccurring in the future. 

This issue may also be affecting the shortcuts on myconnection.cox.com. The Cox.com team is working on a permanent solution.

The main issue here is that you need to login to your email using the address webmail.cox.net. If you currently have a shortcut to Cox email you need to edit the shortcut to show webmail.cox.net

4 Replies

OpenBSD
    Contributor II

This has been an issue in the past. Below is what Cox support recommends:

We have identified an issue affecting customers using webmail.west.cox.net or idm.west.cox.net to access their Cox Webmail. As a workaround, clear your browser cache and browsing history, and then set up a new bookmark for webmail.cox.net. This will prevent the problem from reoccurring in the future. 

This issue may also be affecting the shortcuts on myconnection.cox.com. The Cox.com team is working on a permanent solution.

The main issue here is that you need to login to your email using the address webmail.cox.net. If you currently have a shortcut to Cox email you need to edit the shortcut to show webmail.cox.net

AJOKE
      New Contributor

Have tried just about everything that has been posted.  Signing into cox email still times out.  It's still a joke

OMAQman
        New Contributor II

For others reading the thread I have reason to believe the correct current URL is myemail.cox.net.  Worth trying.  And I would use the https:// version.  If the general complaint is the horrible slowness of the webmail interface, mostly all I can offer is sympathy.  I believe the interface is so script-laden it brings older hardware and browsers to their knees.  And while your browser is laboring to produce the interface the server likely times you out.  It's bad.  As in, bad.  And the problem has been around since Cox launched it (now 9+ months ago or so), so I wouldn't anticipate a fix.  Wireless connections likely contribute to the problem, since some wireless routers can't transmit data fast enough, especially when your browser is tied up in knots.  A customer-driven solution would be to offer an option to use an old skool HTML interface, and not the script-driven interface.  But then serving up the ads becomes a problem (for Cox, not the user).  Another solution, of course, is to upgrade all your hardware and software.  I think that is the solution Cox may be relying on.  Otherwise they would have fixed this by now.  If they were customer-driven.