Forum Discussion

azgrandma
New Contributor
6 years ago

Website Not Secure

myconnection.cox.com is my home page on Safari. When I try use my password app to log in from there for e-mail, I get this: "This is an unsecured HTTP page, and any information you submit can potentially be seen and changed by others. This Login was originally saved on a secure (HTTPS) page." So what happened? Am I putting my information at risk every time I bypass the warning and log in?

2 Replies

• Hi Azgrandma, that warning is Safari's way of letting you know that the page is using a web address that begins with HTTP:// instead of HTTPS://. Web sites that begin with HTTPS use an encrypted communication protocol for privacy and security. To ensure you are entering your login details on a secure page, go to www.cox.com. You will automatically be redirected to www.cox.com/.../home.html. In the upper right-hand corner of the page, click Sign In My Account, and then enter your User ID and Password. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Darius
      New Contributor III

Becky. Surely Cox can afford a certificate for the myconnections site. Why doesn't Cox either make myconnection.cox.com secure or stop using it (redirect traffic to www.cox.com)?

Also, is it Cox's plan that users will learn not to use the myconnections site only by reading this forum?