Forum Discussion

WillHarrisInVA
New Contributor II
6 years ago

Webmail down?

Every time I attempt to log in to Webmail, it hangs up and then eventually goes to the page saying, "This site can't be reached. The connection has been reset."

14 Replies

wren
    New Contributor

I have this same problem and it is NOT MY computer, it is the Cox Mail program. Even when I can connect it is the SLOWEST program ever...so very antiquated.  Extremely annoying not to be able to access my mail when I need it etc.

LisaH
      Hi Wren. Please make sure that when you are logging into Cox email, you are using idm.east.cox.net/.../myemail as some browsers will redirect to a different website that was webmail.cox.net, which is no longer our webmail site. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator
        wren
        New Contributor

That IS where I log in and it spins for ages before it comes on. And as I said, many times it never comes up at all!

verncutter
    New Contributor

I agree. Worst service ever. It's been three days and I still cannot access mail. Very upsetting. When will this be fixed?

RedSport00
      New Contributor II

Ditto - pay way too much for crappy service, or did I say No Webmail Service?

• Hi WillHarrisInVA. When you go to the Cox webmail site, please make sure you see idm.east.cox.net/.../myemail as the URL that is the current one used to access our new email platform. If you type in myemail.cox.net, you will be directed to the correct site. If you require further assistance, please contact us via email at cox.help@cox.com including your name, complete address and description of your issue. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator
      JMLewis
      New Contributor II

Hi LisaH,

The link you provided above doesn't work - it redirects to: https://myemail.cox.net/appsuite/# and then after spinning for awhile we get the same exact error:  Connection timed out. Please try reloading the page.

I haven't been able to log in to my email since MAY. This is SEPTEMBER. I've tried calling support who told me that Cox was upgrading email (back in June) and I fell for that explanation. I called back in July and was told to clear the browser history, clear the cache, clear the cookies, then try another web browser - all made no difference at all and then all of a sudden the support person on the phone disappeared. I pay for the Cox Premium Internet service which is ridiculously priced and I cannot even check email for over 4 months. Many, many, many people are having this problem. When is this issue going to be resolved? What is truly going on with the Cox email?

LisaH
        Hi JMLewis. I checked the link you sent and I was able to log in with no issues at all. The link you sent is what you get after you put in your cox email address and password. What browser are you using? Do you get your email on your smartphone, tablet or using a 3rd party mail client like Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Apple Mail, etc? - Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator