Forum Discussion

Tom2001
Contributor
6 years ago

Copy/Paste into a new compose email does not work

I can't copy and paste into a new email. If I choose the "Plain text" option I can paste, but as soon as I change back to HTML the text disappears. This has been going on now for 3 days. I have notified Tier 2 Cox support who confirmed with a test in various browsers that pasting is not working. This seems like an important feature. Anyone else having this problem?

16 Replies

agentorange
    New Contributor II

I have this problem with Chrome, but not IE (retch). The plain text workaround works. I'll have to check Firefox at home. Whatever, this is a MAJOR fail on the part of Cox.

RalphW
    New Contributor III

Yep.  Chrome on a laptop.  Think it only started for me about 4-5 days ago.  At least that's when i first noticed it.

Another "feature" brought to us by Cox.  Simple question:  What did they change.  Why not simply change it back?

Tom2001
      Contributor

Crazy isn't it? 3rd party software for webmail and cox has no leverage. have a support ticket now running for over a month. wth

RalphW
        New Contributor III

I just finished a chat with their help desk.  At first he tells me it's a server issue and it should be fixed in 2-6 hours.  After i gave him the link to this thread, he tells me "we have a full report here escalated to our CAG team group, the page has been presented the issues because of recent updates, you know digital stuff, we are currently working hard to bring back that feature.",  and that their fix ETA is a "day or so".  

One can only hope.  And hope they are monitoring these forums to see the level of sheer disgust with Cox lack of service.

ahughs1459
    New Contributor

Having the exact same problem.  Started a couple of weeks ago maybe. Tried the plain text but when I go back to html it disappears.  Has anyone found solution? Or reason?

• Ok, just spoke with Tier 2 COX support . They say "we are aware of the issue and are working on a solution". They hope to have it for the next major release of webmail. They have NO estimated release date.

So we all just wait for it ....... maybe.

RalphW
      New Contributor III

So much for the "couple of days" they gave me last week! 

• I have had this issue for weeks, if not months. I had had nothing but issues since the "new format" of their webmail months ago. I have also all different browsers and that is not the problem.

ianssadmom
    New Contributor II

I swear  I  am beginning to loathe my Cox services.Most the time I have to repeatedly try to get into my stoopid webmail, anyway,there's a good reason I don't use it for most of my correspondence.I am pretty tech-dumb,but I am EXTREMELY frustrated by this issue.As I posted in another thread,I work in suicide prevention, and I could not copy helpline numbers when I needed to send them rather quickly a coupla weeks ago.UGH.

Eric1967
    New Contributor

Well I'm just trying to cut and paste a phone number and web address.  So following along.  it is pretty much the same thing.  I can paste into any line but the message body.

Eric1967
    New Contributor

I'm have the same problem,  that is why I'm here,  just trying to past an e-mail and website address into the message body.  Can paste into any other place but the message body