Forum Discussion

nlvmike
New Contributor
7 years ago

Failed login attempt

On my Android phone, I get "Failed Login Attempt" several times a day. The pop up claims the server password has changed. I enter the password, and the box pops up again. After 3 or 4 attempts, it takes and I get my emails.

Similar issue on my computer with Outlook 2016, and on my Galaxy S2 tab, with slightly different message, but same issue. Between the 3 devices, I enter my password up to 100 times per day. I have spent hours on the phone, clearing cookies and caches, etc.

I will keep asking this question until someone is able to help. Please.....

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    nlvmike
    New Contributor

Tiffany, I have changed the password more than once, to no avail. I can login at cox.net and check the email. It always gets in but it is painfully slow.

nlvmike
    New Contributor

Really Tiffany? That is your answer? No, I will not remove my email client from my Android phone and tablet. They are rooted apps and cannot be removed. I run my business off this email, all the way back from when it was an LVCM.COM email address and Cox convinced me it was the best business solution. The problem is clearly on your end.

• Hi nlvmike,

Tiffany is asking to remove the account from those apps, not the apps themselves. Please let us know if you're able to try to the steps she provided. Please let us know any results.

Thank you,