Forum Discussion

JeffH
New Contributor
8 years ago

Email quota too low

I hope there is someone reading these who can make a difference.

I just wasted an hour of my life on the phone with tech support tier 1, loyalty department and then back the tech support tier 2.  If I could see them on the other end, I'm sure they were just shrugging their shoulders.

I've been a Cox subscriber for almost 25 years.  Since that time the email quota has been 2GB.  Over time, emails are accumulated, stored in folders and kept as archives just in case they are needed.  Disk space today is cheap and 2GB is very old fashioned.  Today we talk about storage in the Petabytes (I work for a research lab in IT so don't even go there).  Even Google gives 5GB for their free email accounts.  We need more quota space in the email accounts.  Offline archiving is not a good option in the mobile world we live in.  Access from mobile devices and laptops is essential, but an offline archive could only be viewed on that computer where the archive is stored.

I have 20GB of space at my disposal with 10 Cox email accounts.  I've kind of figured out a way, but it's a horrible solution.  I've created other email accounts and just added those as IMAP accounts so emails can be moved around.  This is a burden on the end user.

Would someone either (1) figure out how to increase quotas or (2) let the end user create whatever email accounts they want and assign a portion of the 20GB available to them?  What's the difference if I have 1 account with 20GB or 5 accounts with 4GB or some combination.  Cox needs to invest in time and technology to be a player in the email provider market.  Another option, besides just trying to sell me the Ultimate or Gigaspeed packages (which I don't need) is to possibly automatically increase the quota every year as a loyalty bonus.  Customers have the option to go somewhere else.  It's a hassle to change email addresses and Internet providers, but is possible.  Keep that in mind, Cox.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Tecknowhelp
    Valued Contributor II

Space is money and Cox email is a free service. I personally think Cox should get rid of email all together and focus that money on more bandwidth. There are enough free email providers that you have it with your ISP since that makes you stuck with them.  Also it won't work if you go out of country. If you need more space, your best bet is to change now. 

There is also the option of seeing if you can pay just for a Cox Business email address. This would give you more space, ability to send larger attachments, and a admin control panel for you to assign usernames and a lot space as you wish.