Forum Discussion

gseweb
New Contributor
9 years ago

Cox is now blocking/dumping forwarded emails

Dear Cox. I have my personal email address that I've used for decades. It is simply forwarded to my cox.net address by dns provider (directnic.com). I then retrieve my emails from cox servers. Worked till yesterday. (In the past, however, I've had enormous trouble with cox spam filters tagging my outgoing emails sent from a non-cox return address as spam. I still do after 7 pages of discussion on this very forum listening to cox techies pointing fingers on others.)

But as of yesterday even simple forwarded emails all started disappearing.

According to directnic.com since today ALL of their clients with COX addresses started seeing their forwarders go dead. No bounce message, nothing, but all forwarded emails to cox addresses just go into oblivion. For ALL directnic clients email forwarding with cox addresses, not just me. For other providers directnic forwarding still works just fine. They don't know what the problem with cox is now.

Called cox and of course finger pointing is the name of the game. So please cox, what did you do this time? What did you do this time? Please what did you do this time?

17 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion