Forum Discussion

rrriggs2020
New Contributor
2 years ago

Midnight interruption in Disney+

We watch movies on Disney+ late at night and every night I get a "no internet" message exactly at midnight. If I bail out of the app at 11:59, and wait a minute or two, I can get back in with no further interruption, but otherwise I often have to restart the cable box. Is this a known issue?  I did chat, and the agent said there was no way to fix it without talking to them when the problem was occurring ((i.e., midnight).  This doesn't seem like a problem that's just my cable box.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Riggs, Welcome to Cox Forums! I edited your username so your full email address doesn't appear on our public Forums. I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue every night. I have a few questions for you so I can gather a bit more information to understand what's happening. When you get the "no internet" message, are your other devices still able to access the internet? Do other apps on the Contour box replicate this problem? If you haven't tested this yet, pick another app in the Contour App menu and play content through the app just before midnight. Do you get the same error? When you get this error, has the Contour box ever reset on its own or do you have to reset it manually, by unplugging the power? Please check the box Settings menu using the following path: Settings / Preferences / General and scroll down to Daily Update Time. Make sure this time is not set to midnight. We'll get to the bottom of this for you! -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      rrriggs2020
      New Contributor

Only the box playing the Disney app gives the "no internet connection" message, but all three cable boxes experience a service interruption at midnight.  All three boxes reset on their own, but after the box resets, we have to get back into Disney+ manually (it doesn't come back on its own).  And none of the three boxes are set to update at midnight.  When I said in my original post that "I often have to restart the cable box," I think that was impatience; if I wait long enough, it will come back on its own.

ChrisJ2
        Thank you for the update. I sincerely apologize for this issue. I can imagine it's preventing you from watching a program at Midnight. Please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. We really want to get you back up and running. -Chris