Forum Discussion

tfuertes
New Contributor II
2 years ago

Time to change

We have been LOYAL cox customers for over 38 years. Always paid our bill on time and the only problems we ever had was an occasional outage when it rained. Two things happen about two months ago. We had the Home Life installed (it was supposed to reduce our bill) and we were offered the "total care". We declined the total care and now we have been battling the "Sorry, there seems to be some trouble" constantly and loose our tv reception. This has been going on for TWO months. Cox sent a tech to our home and he simply came in, checked the signal, said it was good and it was the CONTOUR BOX. He took our box with all our years of DVR recordings and gave us a new box. The next day, the same problem. Now we have to wait for another tech to be scheduled because Cox cannot talk to our contour box. This was a problem I showed the tech when he took our old box. Can someone tell me straight up if this problem is being generated by the home life or declining the total care package. I am tired of wasting my time and will just change to a different provider if that is the situation.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Unhappy_user
    New Contributor II

I'm having issue now 2 1/2 weeks same issue. 3 techs later still the same. N no suggestions were given. Just not fixed. I think it's the latter in ans to your question. I don't have option if different svc provider. Cox only. Are u in tidewater area of VA?

TiffanyR
      Hello tfuertes and Unhappy User,

I am truly sorry that you have been having ongoing service issues. We want our customers to be happy with our service. I understand that it is hard when there are service issues.

@Tfuertes
      The Homelife service and deigning total care package (Cox Complete Care) should not cause any issues with the cable service. When installing the Homelife service, the signal should have been checked to ensure that it was able to support your services. My team and I would be happy to check into what's going on with the service. Can you email us at cox.help@cox.com with your name, address, and a link to this thread?

@Unhappy User,
      It sounds like you have been through a lot with the ongoing issues that you have had. I show that you have posted under other threads as well. We would like a chance to investigate what's going on with the service. Please email my team when you have the opportunity.

Tiffany R.
      Cox Support Forum Moderator