Forum Discussion

crystal6
New Contributor
3 years ago

Contour app thumbnails not loading on wifi, iPhone & iPad

This just started today, thumbnails will not load on the Contour2  app on both my iPhone and iPad while I’m on my home wifi. When I use the cellular data from my phone, including having my iPad use the phone as a hotspot, the thumbnails load on the Contour app.  All other streaming apps (ie Netflix and Amazon Prime) work correctly.  I can stream video with the Contour app, it’s just the thumbnails that won’t load.  I’ve closed the app and re-opened it, even restarted the devices.  It’s not loading correctly on home wifi.  Anyone else having this issue?  

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    crystal6
    New Contributor

Anything?  The app is certainly not any joy to use as it is.  Seems silly that it won’t load properly over a fast Cox supplied home internet connection.  

crystal6
    New Contributor

The thumbnails also don’t load on watchtv.cox.com on my Windows laptop. 

crystal6
        New Contributor

Thank you.  I’ve sent an email and reached out via Facebook Messenger.  The thumbnails also don’t load in web browsers on a Windows laptop when then laptop is on Cox service.  The thumbnails load when I use my iPhone as a hotspot with the Windows laptop. 

ColonelForbin
      New Contributor

I sent an email to tech support just as suggested above, but this is a disappointing failure to experience on a chilly Sunday afternoon!

crystal6
        New Contributor

I’m glad you spoke up and it’s not just me.  I first noticed this late last evening.  This is a new problem, just started happening for no apparent reason.  I’ve sent an email and a message via Facebook as well.