Forum Discussion

Hatoff
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Netflix and Amazon films stalling repeatedly and requiring that we re-start

We sure don't seem to be getting our money's worth from Cox when films repeatedly buffer and send us a message of problems the service is havingm then blithely tell us  "to try again later." 

Any tips?

Thanks!

• Hi, Hatoff.

If you are streaming directly to your television (ie, bypassing the cable box) then this could be a wifi issue. I might suggest repositioning your router as small corrections can go a long way towards correcting wifi-related speed problems. It is best to make sure that the modem/router/gateway is placed in a central location in your home. Even if this is not always possible, when it comes to streaming, you will want to make sure that you limit the walls and objects that are between your devices and your modem/router/gateway and use a wired connection whenever possible. Also, you will want to ensure the router is elevated off the floor as high as you can manage and away from speakers, TVs cordless phones, etc...After you have repositioned the device, reset it so that it can analyze the wifi and change to a cleaner channel, and retest. Let me know if that helps and thank you for your patience.

Thank you,

Chris J.

Cox Support Forums Moderator

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Hatoff,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing any issues with buffering on Netflix or Amazon. Are you seeing the same issue with any other movie channels or with movies On Demand?

Thank you,

Mike J.
      Hatoff
      New Contributor

You know, Mike, we don't stream on Demand. We just want to watch Prime or Netflix for our film club. Others in the group reportedly don't have this problem.

ChrisJ2
        Hi, Hatoff.

If you are streaming directly to your television (ie, bypassing the cable box) then this could be a wifi issue. I might suggest repositioning your router as small corrections can go a long way towards correcting wifi-related speed problems. It is best to make sure that the modem/router/gateway is placed in a central location in your home. Even if this is not always possible, when it comes to streaming, you will want to make sure that you limit the walls and objects that are between your devices and your modem/router/gateway and use a wired connection whenever possible. Also, you will want to ensure the router is elevated off the floor as high as you can manage and away from speakers, TVs cordless phones, etc...After you have repositioned the device, reset it so that it can analyze the wifi and change to a cleaner channel, and retest. Let me know if that helps and thank you for your patience.

Thank you,

Chris J.