Forum Discussion

RPadTV
New Contributor
4 years ago

NBC Sports App and Website Won't Recognize Cox Subscription

Can't get NBC Sports to work on Windows 10 PC, Apple TV, iPad, or iPhone. Spent 20+ minutes on the phone with Cox and they verified that NBC Sports is part of my plan.

NBC Sports website says "It looks like your TV subscription does not provide access to this service. Please contact your TV provider for more information."

iOS apps say "Authentication Error: We're sorry, it looks like there was an authentication error."

This problem has been happening for two days now.

19 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • @Rpadtv, I recommend clearing browsing data/cache and trying again. Also, please make sure you are using the primary login for the account. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      CelticsFan
      New Contributor

Hi Allan! NBC Sports Boston Celtics streams not working on iOS, browser, or Amazon Fire Stick. I don't even get the option to log-in except on the fire stick. All of my devices/methods prompt the - 'It looks like your TV subscription does not provide access to this service. Please contact your TV provider for more information.' - cache clears, app reinstalls, nothings working. Kicker is that the other streams work (Bruins last night, Olympic channel, etc)

Thanks!

Allan
        @CelticsFan, I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this issue to cox.help@cox.com so we can take a closer look into this for you. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      ga2golf
      New Contributor

I also am having a problem streaming on NBC Sports.  Tonight, I can stream the hockey game on NBCSN, but cannot stream the local Caps game.  I was able to stream NBC Sports Washington earlier in the month (and throughout the year), but haven't been able to for the past week.  On the following website, http://stream.nbcsports.com/rsn/nbcs-washington-capitals?utm_tags=nbcsrsnhq1351

When choosing Xfinity and Verizon as a provider, a UserID and Password prompt appear.  After selecting Cox, a pop up message appears stating, "We're Sorry.  It looks like your TV subscription does not provide access to this service. Please contact your TV provider for more information."  This happens on Windows 10 PC or on an Android phone.

Has Cox decided to cancel streaming to it's subscribers' local NBC Sports affiliates?  As someone who travels often, I have come to really enjoy this service.  Taking it away without notifying your subscribers is not something I would expect from Cox.  

BenS1
        Former Moderator
        Hi @Ga2golf
        I want you to be able to stream your games on NBCSN. I click on the link that you provided and I was able to get the Cox Login to pop up. Are you using Cox wifi or on Cox internet when you are trying to stream?

Ben S.
        Cox Support Forums Moderator
    schur006
    New Contributor

I am also getting this error using NBC sports app / My Teams app and unable to view NBC sports Washington, went through about 3 different cox support reps and none of them were able to help or even understand the issue, as if I was speaking a foreign language.  These were the responses I got...

SharonL
      Former Moderator
      Hello Schur006,

I am sorry you are experiencing difficulties with your services. This appears as if you may need someone to investigate your account personally. We would be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Thank you.

Sharon
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
    schur006
    New Contributor

I am also getting this error using NBC sports app / My Teams app and unable to view NBC sports Washington, went through about 3 different cox support reps and none of them were able to help or even understand the issue, as if I was speaking a foreign language.  These were the responses I got...

schur006
      New Contributor

I guess cox doesn't provide that any more.

So if it says that is means it not available.

Okay I'm sorry about that.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I understand this is streaming, but it appears lately Cox is having lots of issues with TV content.

bettabreaks
    New Contributor

Getting the same problem , I have Cox and can watch the nbcs washington on the tv but when I tried to stream though my fire stick it will not let says im not an authorized user and I have check that we have nbcs as part of my package 

BenS1
      Former Moderator
      Hi @Bettabreaks,

Can you try to login to the app via your phone? Also, please make sure you are using NBC Sports App version 8.1.7. Are you making sure that you are using the primary Cox username to log-in to the App?

Ben S.
      Barry_E
      New Contributor

After the authentication error, tap on Cox at the upper-right of the app.  Error:  Not found.  The requested URL /coxlogin/ui/tvonline was not found on the server.

Now, Cox employees, read the above error again.  The url is invalid.  Please figure out where the mistake is and fix it.  Please stop trying to say that it is an individual's account problem because it isn't.  I am currently on the phone with a Cox account representative, who happens to be in Canada.  He is not able to download the app because it is not available to him in Canada, which further makes this a problem.

BenS1
        Former Moderator
        Hi @Barry E,

I was able to go to this link stream.nbcsports.com/.../ , and then click Cox and sign-in. Can you please try to go to that link and sign in with your Cox primary user ID and password?

Ben S.
    SharonL
    Former Moderator
    Hello Bettabreaks,

Are you able to watch this channel on any other device? Also, I recommend clearing browsing data/cache and trying again. Also, please make sure you are using the primary login for the account.

Thank you.

Sharon
    Cox Support Forum Moderator