Forum Discussion

Bruce
Honored Contributor III
4 years ago

Cox Support Forum Feedback

Could Cox add an option to Expand All replies within a post?

If I participate in a post and get a notification of a new (unread) reply in said post; clicking the notification icon will go to the new reply but...because I have limited mental capacity...I don't remember the context of a reply to have prompted a response.  (I hope this makes sense.)

There are links (Load Next) to "locally" or "relatively" expand the conversation around the new reply but these links are sometimes above or below the new reply and I easily lose my place within the post.

Along with the 3 sort-options at the top of each post (Oldest, Votes, Newest), could Cox add another option to Expand All?  This way, with my goldfish-like memory, I could easily scroll upward or downward and not lose my train-of-thought.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

I fully realize that none of the features we request here will ever be implemented, but I have another fantasy request. 

I'd like to have some type of Forum instructions box displayed somewhere on this page for new users for a TBD number of days or until they have a TBD number of Forum points.  It should instruct new users to provide as much information as they can about their issue.  For  example, a user with a TV issue should specify their type of cable box (Contour 1, Contour 2, Wireless 4K Contour Stream Player, mini-box, other), their DVR service, and whether the cable box has recently been replaced.  They should also provide a  detailed description of their issue including such things as when it happens, how often it happens, if it happens on multiple TVs, did they do anything immediately before it happened, etc.  You get the idea.  Instructions might be customized for each Forum.  Of course that would require the new user to post in the correct Forum.

What new users typically post is something like: "My DVR doesn't work.  Any ideas"?  (That may be an exaggeration, but not much).  Yeah, I have an idea.  Give us some information so we can help you.

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

I'd like functionality added to reset my incorrect, unread notifications count so that I can get rid of the little white "1" inside the red circle.   The webpage currently has no automated means to reconcile the actual number of unread notifications with the displayed unread notifications count.  An additional process is needed to identify and correct discrepancies between the two that are the result of an error.  The most user-friendly option would be to re-count and reset this unread notifications count, if there's a discrepancy, when the webpage is initially loaded.  But alternatively, it could be done when the user clicks the notifications icon.  

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

I had this happen to me once.  There was a notification of an unread update but if I clicked the notification, nothing was listed beneath it to go to the unread update.

I forgot what I did...if anything...to clear it.  I think I viewed from the Forum Home tab (all), sorted by 'Questions and discussions you've participated in' and looked for a bold-font topic.

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

I was waiting for a new notification to test.

When I got one, I right-clicked in the blue banner at the top of this page.  The blue banner surrounds the Search field.

I right-clicked...selected View Page Source...searched data-tip="Latest...and it preceded all my unread posts.

I don't know if this will work but you could search the Forum for whichever name of the post follows it.

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

From the Forum Home page, I just found the same four references to the last post in each of the forums that you see listed at the top of the page.  It was an interesting exercise though.  Thanks for the suggestion.