Forum Discussion

Anne_M_
New Contributor
4 years ago

“Last” Button on Remote - YT app

When watching videos on the YouTube app, the “last” button was functional, and I could easily navigate to the next video I select. Now, it no longer works when you are watching a video and want to return to the other videos for selection. “Last” button only works when you are not in a video. For example, in my Subscriptions, I will watch one of my videos, and at the end of the video, I used to press “last” and it returned to the same Subscription, but I could choose another video displayed in that category. Now, I have to exit out of the entire YT app, and go back in every time. This is very time-consuming. I have reset the Cox box to no avail. If I reset the YT app, I am afraid I will lose my Library of Favorite videos, subscriptions, liked videos, history, etc. Please advise on a course of action as this has just started happening today, and we Like to watch our late night shows every morning from YouTube through Cox Contour. Thank you. 

8 Replies

db1926
    New Contributor II

Also having the same issue, I’ve tried resetting my stb and modem with no luck. Please help, thank you

MarkM1
      Former Moderator
      db1926,

Would you try using the down arrow to see if you can see the next videos listed there. Let us know if this works for you as well.

Mark M.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
        db1926
        New Contributor II

Thank you for responding, the down arrow function seems to work fine for selecting related videos or seeing video progress, although it doesn’t allow exiting the video without going to the home menu and losing your place in that video and losing the playlist you had.

MarkM1
    Former Moderator
    Anne M.,

Please try using the down arrow on the remote & see if you can navigate through the videos that way without exiting the app. Let us know if this works for you as well.

Mark M.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Anne_M_
      New Contributor

Thank you for your quick response. That works partly when I tried it. It does bring up some videos, although not all pertaining to the subscription I was in. So, it is more of a variety of vids to select from rather than just that subscription I was in. Hopefully, the “last” button will be operational again in the near future. 

elynejae
    New Contributor II

I’m also having the same problem and someone else also started a thread about this issue last week. In that thread, a Cox moderator said they will look into fixing the problem. I really hope they fix it, because the only work around is to completely exit the YouTube app and relaunch it just to get back to the main menu screen after I’m finished watching a video. It’s the most hugest pain in the butt to have to do this every single time and in my opinion, not worth watching the YouTube app through Contour until they fix it. Which ** big time because I’m paying for something that doesn’t work properly. 

elynejae
      New Contributor II

Oh wow, they censored a word in my post above. I didn’t know s u c k s is considered a bad word!