Forum Discussion

John2020
New Contributor
4 years ago

I don't get CNN on contour app or online

This morning I lost access to CNN on both the Contour App and online via a web browser. I tried the Contour App on both an iPhone and iPad with no luck although they both worked fine earlier in the day. The actual CNN App itself works as does the CNN channel on both my TV's so it has nothing to do with a subscription issue.

The channel list, both on the App and online, no longer show the CNN channel. I called COX support and they had no idea and was of no help.

The problem appears to only be with CNN.

Please Help!

7 Replies

• Hi John2020. Have you tried to uninstall the app, close all the apps on your iPhone and iPad, and re-install the app to see if the CNN channel returns? - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      John2020
      New Contributor

Of course, I tried all that before calling tech support plus that has nothing to do with the channel also not being available on COX TV Online.

The problem resolved itself yesterday around 7pm PDT. As mysteriously as the channel disappeared from Contour App on multiple devices and COX TV Online, it mysteriously reappeared.

Still no explanation from tech support.

21edward
    New Contributor

Same thing for me and Fox News on Contour online, on TV & on phone. It started June 1st. I called support June 1st to no resolution. I spent a lot of time on the phone with the service person and he said he would escalate it. The service person said someone would get back to me in 24 hours. Still nothing. 

I wonder if COX changed service but didn't tell anyone they were going to. 

John2020
      New Contributor

On my initial call I went through 3 people on the phone and they couldn't figure it out. The last guy also told me he was going to escalate it and someone would contact me with 24 hours. I never heard from them again. Maybe we should tell them we'll pay the bill in 24 hours then just not pay it! LOL!

21edward
        New Contributor

LOL. I did find this on another thread and will be calling the Loyalty Dept Monday because my access to the news channels was since I started and not COVID related. If they were in my package previously and now removed, they should remove some fees. :)   I called the support line again today and she said I could upgrade to get those channels back. :( 

Shortly after the COVID crisis began, many network broadcasters offered their channels free for Starter TV customers through May 31, 2020. CNBC, CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News were 4 of these channels. Cox doesn't own these networks and was required to remove these channels from the Starter TV lineup at the end of the period specified by each network. I'm sorry for the frustration this caused! CNBC, CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News are part of the Expanded tier. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderato

MariaL
      Hi 21edward,

We'd be happy to investigate this issue and address your concerns; however, we will need some additional information in order to do so. Please email our team at cox.help@cox.com with this post, your full name, and your complete address.

Maria
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
        21edward
        New Contributor

I did find this on another thread and will be calling the Loyalty Dept Monday because my access to the news channels was since I started and not COVID related. If they were in my package previously and now removed, they should remove some fees. :)   I called the support line again today and she said I could upgrade to get those channels back. :( 

Shortly after the COVID crisis began, many network broadcasters offered their channels free for Starter TV customers through May 31, 2020. CNBC, CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News were 4 of these channels. Cox doesn't own these networks and was required to remove these channels from the Starter TV lineup at the end of the period specified by each network. I'm sorry for the frustration this caused! CNBC, CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News are part of the Expanded tier. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator