Forum Discussion

Ginny_S-R
New Contributor
4 years ago

Contour App on Roku or Firestick

When we first signed up for Cox we were told we could get the contour app on Roku or Firestick or any other streaming device by the salesman. Turns out that was false. I keep seeing that Cox is working on it but there is no update. Every other major cable provider has this service so it's asinine that Cox still will not produce this. Is there an update on if this? Customers should not be required to watch recorded TV on their phones or computers or tablets because Cox can't seem to listen to their large customer base. 

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Ginny,

Due to DRM limitations and restrictions in our contracts with the TV networks, we are unable to support viewing on external devices at this time.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator

Ginny_S-R
      New Contributor

You may want to tell your sales agents to stop telling people otherwise then because that's false information and very misleading. And again insane how every other major cable company has this feature and service but you. I'm just annoyed I was promised something that seems to be clearly never going to happen. 

danmanca
        New Contributor

I agree Spectrum has had this for years. I recommend youtube tv or Hulu live tv as it has all of this. YouTube tv also gives you free cloud DVR unlimited

KenKK
      Contributor

Spectrum and Xfinity don't seem to have a problem with their programing on a Roku device.

Ken

Lordtrey
    New Contributor

Get an android streaming device and use the contour app. It's great. And plenty of decent cheap android TV boxes. Or my fav, a TV that supports Android TV (Sony). Better app experices across the board anyway with Android apps. They are just better and updated first. 

KenKK
      Contributor

I have the app on my Android phone but I want to watch it on my TV.

The app does not support FireStick or Roku, both of which I have.   There is no excuse

for COX not to support at least Roku since other cable companies do offer a app that 

I have witnessed for example Roku on both a Roku TV or using a Roku stick on any TV.

Ken

Lordtrey
        New Contributor

I am talking about using an android TV box or android TV instead of roku apps. It's issues like this that android TV box (a standalone streaming device) or an android TV (Sony TVs) let you avoid as there is always a really good android app. Often more feature rich and refined as well as supports the best content options the service has. Yeah it does suck that I am saying spend 30 doallrs to use a smart TV by making it dumb, but it does avoid the hassle of hoping for a roku app (or fire stick app) to actually be developed and released by Cox. 

OR you can always use your phone and cast it to the TV as a last resort.