Forum Discussion

Rgrrl
New Contributor
5 years ago

Contour App Server Error :: 3328

We just moved within the same city (Phoenix).  We had Gigablast service at our old place and our new place.  The tech replaced our Netgear router with a Panoramic wifi router.  Not sure any of that matters, but here is the problem.

The Contour app consistently is not able to play live programs.  After several minutes of trying to load a video, the following error appears:

Server Error :: 3328

Sorry, we are having trouble retrieving this video.  If your Internet connection is otherwise working, please try a different channel or program.

Trying a different channel does not make a difference.  Occasionally, the app connects fine, which makes me ever hopeful it will work again.

Never had this trouble at our old place.  The gigablast service here is better than at the old place, so I don't think it's a wifi speed issue.

Trying this on an iPhone 6S with the latest Contour app (same behavior with a previous version).  Still on iOS 12.4 (was waiting for iOS 13 to be stable).

So far I've updated the app, rebooted the phone, signed out/in.  Nothing fixes the problem.  I can't find any reference to this error number online.

Help?  I use the app to watch local news on my phone rather than having the big tv on all the time.

Thanks much.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Rgrrlrgrrlon Apps

Are you able to watch TV online at https://bit.ly/2TgbEtz? Also, is this happening when on your logged into your cox network or away from home?

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator

Rgrrl
      New Contributor

Hi Jonathan,

I tried watching TV Online and it was not successful.  Not even a list of channels would load.  This error occurred twice:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to watchtv.cox.com. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

I also took my phone off wifi and connected using cell service (as if being away from home).  The connection to a To Go channel worked instantly.  Of course, the local channels I want to watch for news did not connect because I wasn't on my local network.

Last night I also got this error message on my phone (in addition to 3328):

PromisKit.PMKError : : 2

A closure was called with an invalid calling convention, probably (nil, nil)

I've seen this same error a few times.  But, then, sometimes it connects and plays fine.  Go figure!

With our new installation, the Cox contract installer replaced our previous Netgear R6300 Smart WiFi Router (R6300v2) with a Panoramic Gateway.  We never had issues with the Netgear router, although we didn't often get close to Gigablast speeds. 

Should we replace the Panoramic Gateway with the Netgear router?

We did not test the app before the install tech left.  Wish we had thought of it.

Thanks for any help. 

susan

MariaL
        Hi Rggrl,

We can certainly have our Video Network team investigate this further; however, we will need some information in order to do so. Please email our team at cox.help@cox.com with this post, your full name, and your complete address.

Maria
        Cox Support Forum Moderator