Forum Discussion

Northernlights
New Contributor
5 years ago

Cox App "Unsupported User" error message

Recently I can't log in to my Cox App " Unsupported User. We are sorry, multi statement accounts do not have access to the Cox app at this time." What gives? Level 1 phone support as usual is a complete waste of both of our time. I already had uninstalled and reinstalled app and power cycled. Same message.

14 Replies

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hello, do you have more than one account with Cox? If not, please email us at cox.help@cox.com, and include a link to this forum thread. Our next step would be an attempt to duplicate the error message on our end. Please also make sure your device's operating system is up-to-date with the latest software.

www.cox.com/.../minimum-system-requirements-by-cox-internet-package.html

-Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
  • I do not have more than one account and still get this error message.  I called you support line on 11/27 and they told me they would have it fixed on my account and would call me back (you know where this is going. . . ).  So, yeah. . .no callback and I still get this error three weeks later across multiple devices.  And don't tell me to delete and re-install it.  I did that also across my devices and still get that stupid error.  I attempted to contact your chat support tonight and Juliana E. was nothing but a continuous frustration.  So does the *** app work or not?  I would expect to see more posting if it was a broke app issue.  So whats the problem with my account then?  You know, the one a support person said they would fix and call me back about three weeks ago?

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @Frustrated long-time cox client

I apologize for the frustration you’ve been experiencing with your Cox services and I want to help. If you can email your full name and the street address on your Cox account, I’ll be happy to investigate.

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator
        darrell390
        New Contributor

Same here. Called support and they told me it would be fixed in a couple hours. Still can log in. I’m tied of dealing with cox. 

dghenry1
    New Contributor

I’ve been getting the same error for weeks now.  I wonder if the problem is this...the message says the app does not support multi-statement accounts.  I have Cox TV/Internet...and I have a Cox phone line. Those come on separate statements and they have separate due dates. But they are all under one account.  Multiple statements on one account. I wonder if it’s as simple as the coders who wrote the app were not told that many customers have two different statements because that is how Cox treats phone vs TV Internet?  

What say you Cox moderators?

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III
      I have Cox TV/Internet...and I have a Cox phone line. Those come on separate statements and they have separate due dates. But they are all under one account.  Multiple statements on one account.

Do you still get the TV/Internet/Phone bundle discount when you receive two statements?  If not, why don't you bundle them and get the discount since you're using all three services anyway?  And, one statement would solve your multi-statement issue.

dghenry1
        New Contributor

Yes...I get the bundle discount. I’ve tried to get Cox to put it all on one statement and they tell me they can’t.