Forum Discussion

LCD
New Contributor
5 years ago

homelife apps

My Homelife Touchscreen has randomly deleted any apps. (the clock).  I use my touchscreen as my clock by my bed.  All of the sudden the clock is gone and when i go to the app section, and "add apps" it says none are available.  The touchscreen is almost useless for me without the clock.  Where did it go?? 

14 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi LCD, the third-party Touchscreen apps are no longer available. I'm sorry! We hope new apps will be available at some point in the future. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      mjkklew
      New Contributor

Same thing happened here with no explanation from Cox.  We used the clock. Display now very obvious part of security system which I don’t like. Will find a place to hide it’s unappealing display. 

dandb
      New Contributor

Used to sit at the breakfast table and look at the time and weather displays.  Sure wish we had been notified they were being removed. Thoughts of cancelling my service now run through my mind at the breakfast table.  Wonder how many others want them back but you probably aren’t interested since you didn’t ask in the first place.

Angelica
      New Contributor

Is there a plan to offer a different option as a screensaver?  This looks terrible.

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        At this time, we are unaware of any plans to offer a different option as a screensaver. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
    swayze11
    New Contributor

So annoying! Debating whether to cancel now! They keep taking things away, but they don’t cut the price down!

LizardKing
    New Contributor

The clock was my favorite display.  Is it that hard to provide a clock?  Shame on Cox. Time to check out ADT.

BeachBum850
    New Contributor

This is INSANE! Now I have a stupid looking tablet sitting on my breakfast bar. I actually used the weather radar app, but I have that on my phone, so no big deal. Removing the clock is what did it for me. I woke up this morning at it was gone. My contract ends at the end of this month, unless the clock comes back, I'm cancelling my service. 

BeachBum850
    New Contributor

This is INSANE! Now I have a stupid looking tablet sitting on my breakfast bar. I actually used the weather radar app, but I have that on my phone, so no big deal. Removing the clock is what did it for me. I woke up this morning at it was gone. My contract ends at the end of this month, unless the clock comes back, I'm cancelling my service. 

bb421
    New Contributor

Im going with Alarm.com or SimplySafe

In Gainesville Florida and ATT just piped in DSL. Had been meaning to switch but had put it off. Now with blank display on alarm now and no apps is the time to move. 

Itsjoustme
    New Contributor

This is ridiculous not to have a'clock on this tablet now it looks really bad I thought it was bad enough not having any other apps but a clock, but then you take it away? You need to get it together… I just got this bundle and now from what I'm reading it doesn't sound like I made a good choice this is ridiculous and then to just apologize and that...ttys it? you never even tell anybody it's gonna happen? Get it together!

Todd_T
    New Contributor

Yes, the Homelife control panel went from something we used hourly in the evenings, as an easy way to keep an eye on how late it was getting, to a useless, ugly, eyesore sitting on the shelf under our TV.

No bueno.