Forum Discussion

MandLSB
New Contributor
5 years ago

Contour App on iPhone, & Samsung tablet

Two days ago our Contour app stopped working properly.  We live in Santa Barbara, CA.  The only channels we can watch are upper channels, such as 22,25, 57, 106, 1125. We can’t get any of the regular channels such as 3,4,5,6,8,11,13 etc that we’ve always gotten.  It’s been two days since reporting this to Cox.  The first agent I spoke with at level 2 tried the app on her phone.  She was in Arizona.  She had the same problem and so put in a ticket for it.  Today I followed up and was put through the gambit of questions, only to be told they haven’t fixed the problem yet. Has anyone else in my area been able to get their app to work.  What happens exactly is if I go to say for instance channel four, the “watch” is not high lighted in black. So frustrating!

14 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Karen_R
    Former Moderator
    Hello MandLSB,

If there is an issue follow up on the ticket please let us know. Send an email to cox.help@cox.com include your full name, address, and the forum post link. We will reply back one we receive the email. Thanks

Karen
    Cox Forum Support
      MandLSB
      New Contributor

I followed up tonight.  Spoke with Ken.  He put me on hold and came back to tell me the ticket was placed in the wrong ?? Department?? Category?? The problem had been worked on, but needs to be escalated to level two. This is crazy!  The ticket was written by a tier two agent.  He said something about the que being backed up.  It is now back where it should be with video application tier.  Someone should contact me in the next day or two.  Well, we will see.  As of today the app still does not get my regular channels. Very disappointed in Cox.

In your response you tell me to send this link along in my email.  How exactly am I supposed to do that?  I don’t see that option.

MandLSB
        New Contributor

Am I supposed to copy and paste our discussion?

MandLSB
    New Contributor

I have sent the email to cox.help@cox.com as Karen suggested.  I will let everyone know how they follow up, and follow through.

MandLSB
    New Contributor

Well, tonight I am writing to give everyone the latest update.  Yesterday I was contacted by email, and then telephone by the Cox Social Media Support Team.  After more troubleshooting and removing app, clearing cache & cookies, turning off my device completely, reinstalling the app.....yada yada.......checking the filters, and more, still NO luck.  

This morning I awoke to an email from their team asking for permission to reset my password, providing me with the temporary one, so they could log in on my account and try to troubleshoot the problem that way.  So, story continues!  Haven’t heard anything yet.

Tonight on our main TV we wanted to watch the Presidential Debate.  Our guide said it would play from 8:00 - 11:00 pm on channel 3.  Well, the cox guide was WRONG.  It was only aired at East Coast time (our time being 5:00).  The guide was incorrect and we missed the debate.  When we called Cox, she reset our cable box to see if that updated the guide.  It didn’t. So now we have two open tickets.  What gives? 

MandLSB
    New Contributor

Still not working, and no contact with Cox.  No one has followed up. 

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hi MandLSB, we are extremely sorry for the delay, and I do thank you for reaching out to us via email about this issue as well. We hope to have more information for you sometime this week, and we will follow up with you. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
        MandLSB
        New Contributor

Hi Kevin,

As of this morning 9/19/19 app still not working the way it should.  Could you please have someone call me?