Forum Discussion

Gallstone
New Contributor
5 years ago

Roku

Why is there no Contour/Cox channel on Roku? Infinity and Spectrum have a Roku channel allowing one to watch cable on TV in other rooms without the need to run cable and rent a box. 

I suspect Cox wants to make money by charging for cable boxes instead of providing a commonly used app like many other cable providers do that don't need a box to connect. 

3 Replies

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Gallstone, this feature is currently not available at this time. However, you can use channel-specific apps (ESPN, Fox Sports Go, HBO GO, etc.) using your Cox My Account login to watch on Roku. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
    KenKK
    Contributor

Cox is always behind the 8 ball when it comes to customers.   I have relatives in Florida with a Roku TV. Their cable company offers the app for Roku and it works great.  No additional charge per month.   

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hi Ken, in the Cox Email Settings, you could set up an email auto-forwarding rule. Once the message is forwarded to an alternate email address, you could then reply to the email recipient using the alternate email address you forwarded it to. Here is some more information on mail forwarding:

www.cox.com/.../cox-email-settings.html

You can also add email contacts from your Cox email address into the alternate email address you're using.

-Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator