Forum Discussion

John2222
Contributor
5 years ago

No Contour audio for two channels in home

We have Contour 2 DVR service in our home, and sometimes watch TV on several iPads in the kitchen or other rooms.  Works fine except that on channel  KCAL9 and Channel 18 TNT in Los Angeles area there is video but NO AUDIO.  Both iPads have latest Apple software release, uninstalled and reinstalled Contour app, flushed cache, etc. rebooted, but NO AUDIO on 3 iPads and on one iPhone that I tested.  Speedtest shows great speeds and even a remote reset of our cable modem by Cox tech didn't resolve the problem.

Everything else works fine.  What is the problem?  I noticed there are a couple other threads here with same problem but no solution.  Is Contour software written by Cox or a third party company?  The Cox tech said no way to escalate the problem.  Been going on now for over a week.

HELP!  What is the fix?

16 Replies

• Did you try the short term solution that works on the watchtv and some people are reporting on their cell Apps.  Enter shortcut "S" or "V" or goto window, lower rt next to gear.  The SAS works on some channels, or it gives you Spanish.  COX looking at it.

John2222
      Contributor

On an iPad a text-icon is in lower right corner. Secondary audio English or espanol works ok and seeing text ok but no audio. 

Mufffie
        New Contributor

John...I tried this on my iPad, changed it to Espanol and it WORKED .... I hear sound and it is in English .... 

Now how weird is that !!!

• There is a known issue with some channels in a few different markets not having audio using the Contour app. We are currently looking into this.

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator

John2222
      Contributor

Channel 9 is working with AUDIO and so is Channel 18 with AUDIO.  Whatever you did, thank you!

JonathanJ
        Former Moderator
        @John2222

Glad the issue has been resolved.

Jonathan J
        Cox Moderator
  • For me, today at 9am SoCal, the watchtv started working for all the stations I had problems....CNN, TNT, Trvl, TLC, WGN...etc.  I sent a email to COX to ask if fix was actually implemented and if it was for the APP and watchtv which I was using.  Different market locations had different "no audio" and the SAP slider worked as temp fix on some.

Mufffie
    New Contributor

I noticed last week that I could get ABC7 in Los Angeles but every time they showed a commercial for ABC there was no audio...all other commercials were fine with audio.  Now the audio is completely gone for that channel...Video is there but no sound.  

What's up with that Cox???

ekhawaii
      Contributor

I tried SoCal channel 7, ABC7 and you are correct...no sound or even stuck.  Channel 9 also gave me trouble, but 2 (CBS), 4 (NBC) did not...at least at this time.

Use your keyboard and type s.  The s is a shortcut for "secondary Audio" issue that has been written about in this forum.  I'm guessing its back as an issue.  COX did fix this for some of our local stations like CNN and TNT a week or so ago....even across different markets.

I thought the COX fix worked, but they never said how and what went wrong.  Open the icon next to the Gear at the lower rt.  The Video Description has also brought sound back on occasions.  Type ? to get a list of shortcuts when you are viewing a station..  Shame on you COX, the problem just affects selected channels, and is not just a switch or bit-on/off.

Mufffie
        New Contributor

Thanks Jonathan...i'll give this a try as well