Forum Discussion

Bill_Bailey
New Contributor
6 years ago

I can't send mail through outlook while I am here in costa rica

I will be in Costa Rica for the next 4 months.  I can receive mail though outlook 2010 but can't send.  Says I can't log into the smtp server.  Anyone have a work around or how do I get it to work

3 Replies

• Hi Bill, what are your current Outgoing server settings? Use port number 465. Make sure SSL is enabled and the authentication box checked. Select “This server requires a secure connection.” If you can’t send mail with these settings, you may need to change the outgoing server settings to match the requirements of the internet service provider (ISP) in Costa Rica. Note: be sure to delete any emails stuck in the Outbox before trying to send a test email. You may need to close and reopen Outlook after changing server settings. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Bill_Bailey
      New Contributor

ok tried all that...it worked in the USA but doesn't seem to here.  Thanks for the help.  Guess I need to find someone here using outlook.  I can use the webmail for now

Becky
        Hi Bill, are you able to send and receive mail successfully using Cox Webmail? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator