Forum Discussion

bdan123
New Contributor
6 years ago

Unable to stream on Fox and BTN apps

As part of my Contour TV package I subscribe to BTN. When I try to use the BTN2go app on my iPad and log in with my Cox information, the app will not let me watch any of the live games. BTN2go says that I should be able to watch live games that are airing on TV on the app if I subscribe to BTN through my TV provider. I have confirmed with Cox customer support that I am indeed subscribed to BTN.

Additionally, I have a similar issue when trying to stream football games on the Fox Sports Go app on my iPad. Fox Sports Go says that I should be able to watch games airing on Fox and Big Ten Network. So I logged in with my Cox username and password. I am able to watch games that are airing on Fox but not games that are airing on Big Ten Network.

I am able to watch ESPN live content in the ESPN app because i am logged in with my Cox username and password.

Because of all of the above, I am pretty confident that when Fox and BTN query my account they do not see that I am subscribed to BTN through my Contour TV package. That must be why they do not let me stream those games. Yet I do get BTN on TV! What can we do to solve this problem?

Thank you.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Bdan123, I'm able to sign into www.btn2go.com with my Cox credentials and stream live content. I can also live-stream the Big Ten Network channel at www.foxsportsgo.com. However, when I open the Fox Sports Go app on my iPhone, the live content list does not include BTN. Within the Fox Sports Go app, it appears that only video highlights are available—not live content. Is this what you are experiencing? Are you able to watch live BTN content at www.btn2go.com and www.foxsportsgo.com? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      bdan123
      New Contributor

No, I am not able to stream on www.btn2go.com either. I get an unauthorized user error when I try to verify my BTN subscription through Cox using the BTN2go website.

DustinP
        Hi Bdan123,

We will need to investigate this further for you to help get an idea of where there could possibly be an entitlement issue. Have you found that live streaming on the FOX Sports GO, BTN2GO App, or website www.btn2go.com ever worked before on your iPad or any other devices? So we can investigate this further, please email us at Cox.Help@cox.com.

In the email, please include:
        Your first and lat name and address.
        The Cox username.
        A link to this forums.
        The OS Version of your iPad, and if any OS modifications have been made since you've noticed this issue.
        App Version.
        IP per whatismyip.com
        Errors received.

Thank you!

Dustin
        Cox Support Forums Moderator