Forum Discussion

ntmartin
New Contributor
6 years ago

email sending problem

I have been complaining for over a month about email problems.  I can receive email from everyone (apparently) but when I try to reply the email is returned with this:

This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

The following destination addresses were unknown (please check the addresses and re-mail the message):

<bphaines@olddominionlighting.com>

Please reply to <Postmaster@olddominionlighting.com>

if you feel this message to be in error.

I know that the email address is correct.  The error message attached is:

Reporting-MTA: dns; dukecmfep04.coxmail.com
Arrival-Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 14:31:16 -0400
Received-From-MTA: dns; dukecmimpo02.coxmail.com (68.99.120.135)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; <bphaines@olddominionlighting.com>
Action: failed

This is one example of a business contact that I cannot communicate with because of this problem.  There are many more valid email addresses that we can no longer reach.  Once an address is bounced back we can never successfully send email to it again.  These addresses are valid because I have to send my email to contacts at other offices and have them forwarded to the recipient.  This is business correspondence and is vital to my company.  I have called repeatedly and even sent the messages via email to  nkemp004@lvcoxmail.com.  To date there has been no resolution to this problem.  NO ONE EVER CALLS OR RESPONDS TO OUR INQUIRY.  WE NEED AN ANSWER TO THIS PROBLEM OR WE WILL HAVE TO MOVE OUR BUSINESS TO A PROVIDER THAT WILL SUPPORT OUR BUSINESS.

We can be reached at our office via phone at 757-888-0900 or via email at neilmartin@coxmail.com

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Ntmartin,

The error message (Status: 5.1.1) indicates the email account doesn't exist at the organization or domain the message was sent to. I searched Old Dominion Lighting and found their contact list. It appears the person you are trying to contact has changed their email address.

olddominionlighting.com/.../

Maria L.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator