Forum Discussion

JpoC
New Contributor
6 years ago

Streaming Services

When will Cox get on board with all the other MSO's and allow for a smart TV App, that allows us to stream our cable on a smart TV within our home?  I'm not talking PC/Android/iTunes.  For example, Spectrum allows you to watch live TV on their downloadable TV or Roku App as long as you are connected to your home internet.  Would be nice!

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi JpoC, at this time, the Contour App is not available for Smart TVs or third-party devices like Roku and Apple TV. Cox product managers are investigating compatibility constraints in the hopes that we can bring the Contour app to third-party devices in the future. Stay tuned as we move forward in 2018 and beyond! -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      skc4him
      New Contributor

I spent most of my evening ttrying to get online last nght with my ipad and iphone. i was frustrated to tears. i thought it was something i was doing but now i see it wasnt   i have spent so much wasted time either trying to get things to work or on the phone trying to get things corrected that were not as i was told. just gave up and pay the extra charges for less service because i had no more time to spend giong over and over the same thing as i got sent to the next person    so maddening!

KenKK
    Contributor

I would like to second that request.  COX is lagging in technology.  I have a relative in Virginia who has Xfinity Cable

and uses their Xfinty app on his Roku a a couple TVs in his house.  Very frustrating not to have it on COX.

No excuse.

Ken